Vivid Sydney is a major festival of light, music and ideas running in the Sydney CBD, Chatswood and Taronga Zoo precincts over 23 nights. There are many changes to transport arrangments for this event.
- Over 3000 extra services will operate throughout the event, especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
- Services at least every 5 minutes on the City Circle from 5pm-11pm Friday through Sunday.
- Services at least every 8 minutes on the T1 North Shore line between 5pm-11pm Friday through Sunday.
- Circular Quay Station will be closed on Weekends from 6pm-10pm.
- Extra Trains and carriages to on the BMT line, CCN line and the SCO line Friday through Sunday.
- Use Central or Town Hall stations for Darling Harbour, Wynyard for Barangaroo and Martin Place or Wynyard for Circular Quay.
- Extra ferries on the F2 Taronga Zoo Line, every 30 minutes until 10pm.
- Circular Quay ferries are expected to fill quickly, have a backup plan.
- Circular Quay bound Services will terminate at Martin Place and Bridge Street Servives will terminate at Wynyard 5pm-11pm Friday through Sunday.
- Extra State Transit services will run on all major routes between 4pm-12am Friday through Sunday.
- Extra HillsBus services on routes 607X, 610X, 620X and M61 between 4pm-12am Saturday and Sunday.
- Extra Forest Coachlines services on route 271 from 5pm-11pm Sundays.
- Extra Buses to Taronga Zoo and between the Zoo and the Wharf.
- Routes 136, 257, 343 and M40 will divert in Chatswood to Archer Street
- Extra Services Friday through Sunday every 10 minutes from 4pm-12am