Keolis Downer, the embattled company that has been operating Newcastle Transport since mid last year has finally caved into large numbers of complaints regarding its new bus network introduced in January. Some major changes will be made to the network and all timetables will be refined from July 29.
The major changes include;
- Extending the route 14 to connect Swansea Heads to Belmont, Charlestown, Kotara and the CBD.
- Extending the route 41 to connect Valentine and Eleebana to Charlestown.
- Extending the route 43 to connect Floraville and Windale to Charlestown.
- The route 44 will now travel from Warners Bay to Glendale, Cardiff, Macquarie Hills and Kotara.
- Routes 23, 26 and 28 will now service Marketown.
These changes will better reflect actual traffic conditions and travel patterns.