The NSW Government has confirmed that they will be adding extra bus services along key corridors from this week. These extra services will allow for better physical distancing on public transport, and ensure that limits of 12 people per bus are more easily maintained.
An extra 110 trips each week will be added to key corridors on the regular bus network during peak periods. This is in addition to regular shuttle buses between new overflow car parking at Moore Park and Central. These services will all be operated by State Transit.
Extra services will run on the following routes
- 1 – Moore Park to Central EXPRESS
- B1 – Mona Vale to City Wynyard via Dee Why
- 202 – Northbridge to City Gresham Street via North Sydney
- 246 – Balmoral Heights to City Wynyard via Spit Junction
- 247 – Taronga Zoo to City Wynyard via Spit Junction
- 285 – Lane Cove West to City Wynyard via Freeway
- 309 – Banksmeadow to Railway Square via Green Square
- 309X – Banksmeadow to Railway Square EXPRESS
- 324 – Watsons Bay to City Walsh Bay via Edgecliff
- 372 – Coogee to Railway Square via Randwick
At this stage no extra services will be operated by private operators. Bus NSW director Matt Threlkeld suggested that private buses “could be deployed to increase service levels in Greater Sydney during peak periods if issues relating to fare collection, destination signage, real time apps and accessibility can be overcome.”