On Monday 29 January NO trains services will operate in NSW. This is due to strike action being undertaken by the RBTU and Sydney train drivers.
Please see below a list of disruptions and alternative options.
- No train services will operate in NSW. This includes Sydney Trains, NSW Trainlink Intercity and NSW Trainlink Regional services.
School Bus Services
- All government contracted school buses will not operate. This includes all STA and most private operators.
- School run buses will still operate.
Regular Bus Services
- There will be cancellations to some route services, particularly those run by Private operators.
- Some bus routes that duplicate train lines will have extra services.
Rail Replacement Buses
- There will be limited rail replacement buses operating. They will operate very 10-15 minutes and have very limited capacity. See the list of routes below;
- Hornsby, All Stops to Wynyard and return.
- Blacktown, Seven Hills and return
- Parramatta to QVB and return.
- Parramatta, limited stops along Parramatta Rd to Central and return.
- Penrith, limited stops along Great Western Highway to Parramatta and return.
- Burwood, Croydon, Ashfield to Central and return.
- Liverpool to Central and return.
- Bankstown, All Stops to Belmore to Central and return.
- Bondi Junction to Museum and return.
- Sutherland to Central and return.
- Cronulla, Woolaware, Caringbah to Central and return.
- Oatley, All Stops to Arncliffe to Central and return.
- Sydney Olympic Park Wharf to Sydney Olympic Park Station and return.
- Campbelltown, All Stops to Liverpool and return.
- Campbelltown, Leaumeah and return.
- Mascot, Green Square to Central and return.
- Sydney Airport International Terminal 1, Green Square to Central and return.
- Sydney Airport Qantas Domestic Terminal 3, Green Square to Central and return.
- Katoomba, All Stops to Penrith and return.
- Wollongong, North Wollongong to Central and return.
- Gosford to Central and return.
- All NSW TrainLink regional services will be replaced by buses. This may include some services on Sunday 28 January and Tuesday 30 January in addition to Monday 29 January.
Please do expect all modes of transport to be busier than usual, and take longer than usual due to congestion. If possible, avoid travelling on Monday 29 January.