Welcome to another Tuesday of Train Talk. This week, we will be looking at the money given to our train network in today’s NSW budget. The 9.8 billion dollars pledged to rail our network in this year’s budget will be spent on both new rolling stock and new network. However not all of this money is being slept this year, with the funding anncounments for Sydney Metro City and Southwest actually being a four year commitment.
- $658 million on new upgraded Waratah style trains
- $253 million on new intercity trains
- $25 million for investigative studies for new XPTs
- $4 billion for Sydney Metro Northwest
- $4.9 billion for Sydney Metro City and Southwest